Thursday, June 11, 2009

Finally - We Have Our Mission Call!!


We received our mission call today (Thursday, June 11th). We will be serving in the Philippines, Quezon City Mission at the Philippines Missionary Training Center. Not sure exactly what that means but we will receive more information in the next few days. We report to the Provo MTC on Aug 17th.


Quezon City is the "old" capital of the Philippines. Manilla (or as Katalina says "Vanilla?!?")became the capital in 1976. Quezon City is part of the Metro Manilla area. All I have to show so far is a map of the area. I'll have pix of the temple, etc. soon.


We are very excited about our call and are looking forward to serving in the Philippines. We did say we'd like to go to Southeast Asia...


We'll post more as we get more information.

7 comments:

ALLRED FAMILY said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!! The Filipinos will be blessed to have you guys. I'm glad you have a blog! It will be fun to keep up with the Jones'. Hee hee. Love you guys!!!

kristib said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that it finally came! We will love reading about your adventures while you're there!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you both. I am very interested to hear what your duties will be at the MTC. I wish I had known about your call when I saw you both yesterday. I'm sure Windy will be so excited to hear your news when she comes home later today.

Ellen said...

Congratulations! Mazel tov! Yahoo! Our loss is the Phillipines gain! But, how will you entertain the folks at St Marys every month?

Are you coming to Houston before you head out? Shopping? Eating? Sightseeing?

Nene said...

I'm excited for you both! I'm so glad you started this blog, and hope you are able to keep it up while you are on your mission.

The Halls said...

Congrats Jones! We are so happy for you! You will be wonderful missionaries.

Hansen Family Six said...

Jones Family,

Congratulations on your mission call. We are so excited for you. Paul has two brothers that served in the Philippines. They would be happy to talk to you if you had any questions. You are and will be great missionaries.

Paul, Julie, Madi, Ivy, and Tanner