Monday, July 27, 2009

Simple Randomness

Besides all our mission preparations - we have had a lot going on - 3 week trip to Utah and Denver, visit with family, family now in town visiting, work on the house, etc (etc and so forth...)

So here's some Random pix and updates on everything lately...



Summer was official when I had my first watermelon from Texas from this roadside vendor. I always have to look for him because the cops run him off from the side of the road. His watermelons are the best and summer doesn't officially start until I've had my watermelon (blessed by Jesus as his sign notes...)




I've been making these cool baskets lately. I use vintage potato mashers and pastry blenders. I thought I could find them at thrift stores but I have to go to antique shops to find them.


We had a great trip to Utah to visit family before we leave. We were going constantly - went to a couple of parades (here's pix for the BYU fans from the Provo July 4th parade), spent a few days at Alan's brother's cabin where a robin had just hatched some eggs, went to the Stadium of Fire and saw the Jonas Bros., and spent some time on Temple Square.

No comments: